Are meaningful and impactful student leadership programs student-driven, teacher-driven, or administrator-driven? How can educators find the time, resources, and collective will to implement a student leadership program that will be sustainable and impactful?
This episode of Global Take ponders student leadership from the unique perspective of international schools, combining best practices in the development of student leadership in consideration of both the advantages and challenges of international school communities. Panelists include Justin Teves (HS Activities and Athletic Director, Singapore American School), Kirby Boychuk (Athletic Director, Anglo-American School of Moscow, and Annie Constantinides (Director of Athletics, American Community School of Athens). Hosted by Nick DeForest (Assistant Director of the Events Office, American International School Vienna).
Subscribe to SchoolRubric on YouTube: http://bit.ly/SchoolRubric
- 0:00 Global Take Introduction
- 1:28 Panelist introductions
- 4:55 Resources and considerations to launch a student leadership program
- 13:17 Leadership training for ALL students in international schools
- 23:15 Creating a lasting impact in local communities