International Education Leadership – A Global Playbook (COMMITMENT) | Global Take
This special edition of Global Take is the second of a six part series focused on Nick DeForest’s new book, International Education Leadership: A Global Playbook. The book is for directors, principals, teachers, coaches, athletic directors or anyone involved in an international school. The “playbook” centers around six key elements that all schools need to excel in: Core, Commitment, Care, Culture, Competition and Communication.
This second episode focuses on the element, Commitment and is hosted by Nick DeForest. Nick is joined by Chris Mott (Athletic Director at the International School Bangkok) who is one of the 40 international educators who also contributed to the book which hoped to ‘raise the game’ of schools all over the world.
Buy the book: https://amzn.to/3SJb445
To continue the conversation, join our Facebook group, Global Educators Network: http://bit.ly/GlobalEduNetwork
Subscribe to SchoolRubric on Youtube: https://bit.ly/SchoolRubric
- 0:00 Global Take Introduction
- 1:00 The six 6 Cs of the book
- 2:30 Learning more about Chris Mott
- 3:34 How important is it for an athletic program to have commitment from the community?
- 9:33 Do you feel like you have the support of your non-teaching coaches?
- 13:50 How important do you think parents are to an athletics program?
- 22:22 Recognizing other contributors to Chapter 2