2020 Lessons in Leadership | Inside the Principal’s Office
In 2020, the disruptions in education pushed the structures of our educational systems to their limits, forcing educational leaders to develop and implement creative and innovative solutions. Inspired by the article “From 7 Superintendents: What 2020 Taught Us About Leading,” Inside the Principal’s Office convenes a special episode with influential educational leaders to not only discuss the leadership lessons learned in 2020, but to also look forward to 2021 and beyond.
Inside the Principal’s Office welcomes Dr. Robert Thornell (Chief Executive Director of Learning and Teaching, Lewisville ISD) and Dr. Daniel Woestman (Superintendent, District 100) to share their experiences and join the dialogue. Co-hosted by Michael McWilliams (Principal, Savannah Elementary School) and Charles Williams (Principal, Plato Learning Academy).
Read the Transcend article: https://www.transcendeducation.org/playlist-blog/questions-to-lead
Subscribe to SchoolRubric on YouTube: http://bit.ly/SchoolRubric
- 0:00 Inside the Principal’s Office Introduction
- 3:22 Introductions
- 4:35 From 7 Superintendents: What 2020 Taught Us About Leading
- 10:14 Navigating the balance between “survive” and “thrive”
- 23:52 Ensuring that every learner is provided what they need to thrive
- 36:53 Ideas that Stick: Leadership Resolutions for the 2021-22 School Year