It’s extremely difficult as a school leader to stay focused and keep the main thing – the main thing. There are numerous distractions, unexpected issues, and other situations that take our time and cause us to lose our focus and track of the goals and objectives we set at the beginning of each year. What are some strategies we can employ to help ourselves, our colleagues, and our organizations stay focused?
Join co-hosts Michael McWilliams (Educational Consultant, Solution Tree) and Charles Williams (Assistant Principal, Michele Clark High School) as they welcome special guest Dr. Robert Thornell (Educational Consultant, Author, School Leadership Coach).
Purchase the book: https://bit.ly/Inside-Principal-Book
Join our Facebook group and continue the conversation: https://bit.ly/InsidePrincipal
Subscribe to SchoolRubric on Youtube: https://bit.ly/SchoolRubric
- 0:00 Inside the Principal’s Office Introductions
- 1:00 One-Year Book Anniversary
- 5:36 Staying motivated when events and processes don’t coincide with timelines
- 15:23 Keeping yourself and your team on track during “squirrel” moments
- 25:14 An example of a goal you achieved as a leader that required you to stay focused