Teacher evaluations can be fraught with anxiety and perfil – or a way for leaders to develop trust, improve instruction, and improve organizations. How do great leaders approach teacher evaluations differently and how can we support our teaching staffs?
Join co-hosts Charles Williams (Principal, Plato Learning Academy) and Michael McWilliams (Principal, Savannah Elementary) as they welcome. Dr. LaQuanta Nelson (Principal, Magnolia Middle School) and Dr. Heather Lyon (Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum, Instruction, and Technology, Lewiston-Porter Central District).
Purchase the book: https://bit.ly/Inside-Principal-Book
Join our Facebook group and continue the conversation: https://bit.ly/InsidePrincipal
Subscribe to SchoolRubric on Youtube: https://bit.ly/SchoolRubric
- 0:00 Inside the Principal’s Office Introduction
- 2:26 Guest introductions
- 8:35 General thoughts on teacher evaluations
- 13:53 Informal systems to give feedback to teachers on progress towards individual goals
- 31:04 Using state/district measurement tools to improve teaching and learning
- 41:09 Ideas That Stick: What tweak will you make to increase the amount of feedback you give to teachers on a regular basis?
- 45:10 Next episode preview: engaging and dealing with challenging parents