Using Socratic Questioning as a Lens for School Improvement: Socrates Head of School – Mark Engstrom
Mark Engstrom, an experienced school administrator in both in the U.S. and internationally, joins SchoolRubric to discuss his latest project, Socrates Head of School, that reframes the age-old question of educator professional development and asks the essential question “What if Socrates was a present-day Head of School?” To learn more, visit http://www.socratesheadofschool.com.
- 0:00 SchoolRubric introduction
- 0:10 Mark Engstrom introduction
- 0:43 What is Socrates Head of School?
- 3:19 A different lens of school improvement
- 4:24 What is a distillation?
- 6:13 Other types of distillations
- 7:53 Advice for administrators
- 10:43 Who is your audience?
- 12:22 For more information