As many schools head into an extended break around the holidays, school leaders and administrators from around the world are using this time to reflect upon the success, challenges, and opportunities during the first semester of the school year which has undoubtedly been like none other. In this rendition of Educators Without Borders, we join school principals from across the pond as they share experiences from the first semester and take a forward look at the remainder of the school year and beyond in the ever-changing landscape of education. Panelists include Michael McWilliams (Elementary Principal, Savannah Elementary School, Texas, USA), Lee Hole (Head of Secondary School, GEMS International School, Dubai, UAE), and Dan Edwards (Principal, Woodstock Primary Academy, Leicester, UK). Hosted by Charles Williams (Principal, Plato Learning Academy, Illinois, USA).
Subscribe to SchoolRubric on Youtube: http://bit.ly/SchoolRubric
- 0:00 Educators Without Borders Introduction
- 1:27 Sharing about our schools, highlights, and challenges
- 8:25 Monitoring and addressing the “learning gap”
- 12:57 Bringing the community on board with difficult decisions
- 22:13 Top three priorities in 2021 for your schools
- 28:13 Helping teachers deal with stress and anxiety
- 36:55 What do you think the future of education looks like?
- 44:29 Making your own mental health a priority as a leader #GetYourPurple
- 52:16 Wrapping up