Carrots and Sticks: Leading Student Behavior Initiatives | Inside the Principal’s Office
There are no shortage of classroom management and student discipline models that schools across the world have implemented. From a leadership perspective, what have been some organizational strategies that have been effective in creating a positive culture of student behavior?
This episode of Inside the Principal’s Office features co-hosts Michael McWilliams (Principal, Savannah Elementary School) and Charles Williams (Principal, Plato Learning Academy) with guests Sue Aspinall (Head Teacher, The British School in the Netherlands) and Jillian DuBois (Educator, Author, Illustrator, Publisher).
Purchase the book: https://bit.ly/Inside-Principal-Book
Join our Facebook group and continue the conversation: https://bit.ly/InsidePrincipal
Subscribe to SchoolRubric on Youtube: https://bit.ly/SchoolRubric
- 0:00 Inside the Principal’s Office Introduction
- 1:00 Guest introductions
- 7:23 How do you shift the mindset of creating rules to creating expectations?
- 17:16 How do we stop the negativity and burnout?
- 24:50 Experience with restorative practices and educating your community
- 35:39 Ideas That Stick: What are you doing as a leader to model the expectations you have for your students and teachers?