As we begin a new school year, many organizations are integrating new teachers on their teams. How can leaders most effectively and efficiently bring new teachers on and find the balance between orientating them to current organizational practices while also creating an atmosphere where they feel supported and empowered?
Join co-hosts Michael McWilliams (Principal, Savannah Elementary School) and Charles Williams (Principal, Plato Learning Academy) as they welcome Claire Springer (Principal, Sandbrock Ranch Elementary School) and Matthew Woods (CEO, Leading Out of the Woods) for a robust dialogue and discussion.
Join our Facebook group and continue the conversation: https://bit.ly/InsidePrincipal
Subscribe to SchoolRubric on Youtube: https://bit.ly/SchoolRubric
- 0:00 Inside the Principal’s Office Introduction
- 1:17 Guest introductions and check-in
- 10:55 Keeping the focus on children thorough the mask mandate drama
- 22:03 Honoring and including ideas from new teachers
- 37:37 Supporting new teachers who are reluctant to ask for help
- 47:50 Ideas That Stick: What was the highlight of your new teacher orientation program this year?