Dealing With the Unexpected | Global Take
Life as an Athletic Director is dynamic with many moving parts, and unexpected events can derail even the best laid out plans. COVID-19 was not the first event to cancel international school events as many countries deal with protests, volcanic eruptions, border mishaps, and more.
The panel talks about some of the most significant situations they have had to deal with, how they managed them, and what procedures they have in place that help them deal with the unexpected.
This week’s guests from around the globe include:
- Claudia Araya, Director of Athletics & Activities, Escola Americana do Rio de Janeiro – Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Sharon Leung, Athletics Director, Hong Kong International School – Hong Kong
- Ajla Numic Skrijelj, Athletics Director | Activities & Events Coordinator, QSI International School of Sarajevo – Sarajevo, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Catherine “Kathy” Tanco Ong, Director for Student Activities, Brent International School Manilla – Manilla, Philippines
Continue the conversation in our Facebook group, Global Educators Network: http://bit.ly/GlobalEduNetwork
Subscribe to SchoolRubric on YouTube: http://bit.ly/SchoolRubric
- 0:00 Global Take Introduction
- 2:04 Guest introductions
- 5:53 What are some of the biggest unexpected situations you have had to deal with?
- 16:43 What system structures support your team in decision-making with unexpected circumstances?
- 28:25 School Spotlight: Brent International School, Manila, Philippines