How is the role of an international Principal school similar – and different – from Principal positions in the United States and Canada? In this episode of Global Take, we welcome three experienced international school administrators who share their journey into international school leadership and advice for prospective candidates. Hosted by Ryan Sagare (SchoolRubric Co-Founder).
- Dr. Ann Kox, Middle School Principal, American School of Lima
- Dr. Cristiana Jurgensen, Head of Programming for Diversity and Inclusion, Saudi Aramco Total Refining and Petrochemical Company
- Noah Bohnen, Middle School Principal, Jakarta Intercultural School
Continue the conversation in our Facebook group, Global Educators Network: https://bit.ly/GlobalEduNetwork
Subscribe to SchoolRubric on YouTube: https://bit.ly/SchoolRubric
- 0:00 Global Take Introduction
- 2:11 Tell us a little bit about yourselves
- 5:00 What are the differences between being a principal in North America and abroad?
- 14:15 What did you feel was key to obtaining your first principal position abroad?
- 19:42 Advice for administrators with no international experience
- 22:26 What are some competencies that are helpful for being a successful principal abroad?
- 27:40 School Spotlight: Colegio Franklin Roosevelt – Lima, Peru
- 34:27 What advice would you share with your younger self prior to being a principal abroad?