Developing a Culture of Learning Through Effective Feedback | Educators Without Borders
How are organization and classroom cultures tied to the effectiveness of feedback – and what are some considerations for educators to create conditions that will enhance and catalyze the feedback process?
In this episode of Educators Without Borders, educators with very distinct roles but a shared recognition of the importance of culture and feedback come together to answer questions from peers. Panel participants include Tom Schimmer (Education Author, Speaker, Consultant), Natalie Vardabasso (Assessment Instructional Design Lead, Calgary Academy), and Julia Reyen (Co-founder, Clear Crossing Academy). Hosted by Dawn Harris (7-12 ELA & Gifted Educator, Associate Professor, Author & Educational Consultant).
Subscribe to SchoolRubric on YouTube: http://bit.ly/SchoolRubric
- 0:00 Educators Without Borders Introduction
- 1:29 Panelist introductions
- 4:05 Factors to consider to ensure optimal effectiveness in feedback
- 6:30 Ways classroom culture can impact feedback
- 10:10 The nuances of feedback
- 18:45 Creating a culture of feedback and learning with intention
- 23:50 Does mandating students use feedback that you give build culture or defeat the purpose?
- 31:05 Finding more resources on feedback
- 36:44 Practical strategies for formative assessment in distance learning