How can schools incorporate greater focus on honoring and recognizing diversity and inclusion in schools? What responsibility do school leaders have in promoting diversity and inclusion in their organizations? What issues do students and educators face related to diversity and inclusion in schools of all types around the world?
Join panelists Lee Hole (Head of Secondary, GEMS International School Dubai), Cynthia Roberson (IB Language Acquisition Teacher, Doctoral Candidate – University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign), and Dr. Erin Robinson (Middle School Principal, United World College of South East Asia) as they field questions from educators around the world on this present topic. Hosted by Charles Williams (Principal, Plato Learning Academy, Counter Narrative Podcast Host).
Subscribe to SchoolRubric on Youtube: https://bit.ly/SchoolRubric
- 0:00 Educators Without Borders introduction
- 1:12 Diversity, equity and inclusion key findings
- 4:46 Racialized abuse complaints in schools
- 10:42 What should we teach kids on issues of race, gender, and social justice?
- 18:49 Closing the achievement gap among children of color
- 26:20 Holding leaders accountable to inclusion and diversity measures
- 34:13 Is there a lack of diversity in international school faculty and leadership?
- 54:45 How can students of color have access to rigorous courses?
- 1:00:20 Conclusion