Recruitment of teachers and administrators in international schools has gradually shifted away from in-person job fairs to online interviews. The recruitment cycle for the next school year has only exacerbated this shift due to the pandemic and resulting uncertainty which impacts government directives, teacher mobility, student enrollment and planning for the unknown. What will the “new normal” for international school recruiting look like when the dust settles?
Join panelists Dr. Spencer Fowler (CEO & Superintendent, The Affiliated High School of Peking University’s Dalton Academy, China) Catarina Song Chen (Director, American School of Belo Horizonte, Brazil) and Dr. Ronald Lalonde (High School Principal, American School Dubai, UAE) as they discuss. Facilitated by Julia Reynen (Founder, Culture Innovator and Clear Crossing Academy).
Subscribe to SchoolRubric on Youtube: https://bit.ly/SchoolRubric
- 0:00 Countdown and Introduction
- 0:39 What is the Shift in International School Recruiting?
- 1:07 Panelist Introductions
- 2:22 Adjusting to the Challenges of this School Year
- 6:15 Similarities and Differences in 2021-22 Recruiting Versus Previous Years
- 12:00 The “New Normal” in International School Recruitment
- 19:24 Staying Connected With Colleagues
- 24:13 Teacher Anxiety and Stress
- 32:54 The Role of International School Recruitment Services
- 35:35 Wrapping Up