The education industry has not been immune from the effects of the #GreatResignation. Many teachers and administrators have retired early, resigned, or have looked towards other professions outside of education. What are the root causes of these symptoms, and what role can leaders play in retaining more staff and attracting others to the profession?
This episode will feature co-hosts Michael McWilliams (Principal, Savannah Elementary) and Charles Williams (Principal, Plato Learning Academy) and guests Liz Free (CEO/Director, International School Rheintal) and Rachelle Dene Poth (Educator, Consultant, Author, Attorney).
Contribute to Global Education Insights #012 on the #GreatResignation: https://forms.gle/pDf3VhegTZJf3v159
Purchase the book: https://bit.ly/Inside-Principal-Book
Join our Facebook group and continue the conversation: https://bit.ly/InsidePrincipal
Subscribe to SchoolRubric on Youtube: https://bit.ly/SchoolRubric
- 0:00 Inside the Principal’s Office Introduction
- 1:02 Guest introductions
- 9:26 What can we do as leaders to encourage more teachers to stay in the profession?
- 22:26 What is the impact of the situation in Ukraine on our communities?
- 28:53 What is your advice to aspiring leaders during these times?
- 35:30 What are the root causes behind teacher burnout and stress?
- 49:40 Ideas That Stick: One action or gesture to let teachers know that they are appreciated and heard