As teachers consider individual student needs and learning styles, so much school leaders when crafting a professional development regimen for their staff. How can leaders find the right balance between school-wide initiatives and teacher choice to truly meet all teachers where they are and advance organizational goals?
This episode of Inside the Principal’s Office features co-hosts Michael McWilliams (Principal, Savannah Elementary) and Charles Williams (Principal, Plato Learning Academy) alongside Kyle Martin (Middle School Principal, International School of Panama) and Dr. Matthew X. Joseph (Executive Director of Teaching & Learning, Providence Public Schools).
Purchase the book: https://bit.ly/Inside-Principal-Book
Join our Facebook group and continue the conversation: https://bit.ly/InsidePrincipal
Subscribe to SchoolRubric on Youtube: https://bit.ly/SchoolRubric
- 0:00 Inside the Principal’s Office Introduction
- 1:00 Guest introductions
- 8:35 How are you leveraging teacher talent in your school to build capacity?
- 16:35 Achieving buy-in to have teachers lead PD
- 22:31 Developing a 12-18 month plan that will result in successfully changing practices
- 31:28 Is it harder to develop a long-term PD plan in international schools?
- 33:54 Ideas That Stick: Assessing and aligning teacher professional development needs with organizational goals