In this episode of Global Take, we will discuss International Baccalaureate: what it is, why it’s important, and tips about teaching the program.
Join Santanu Bhowmik (Head of IBDP-IBCP, German European School, ManilaSchool) and Juan Manuel Galindo Morales (Global Outreach Coordinator, SchoolRubric). Hosted by Ryan Sagare (Co-Founder, SchoolRubric).
- 0:00 Global Take Introduction
- 3:55 What is International Baccalaureate (IB) education?
- 8:05 What makes the IB programmes meaningful to a child’s education?
- 17:24 What is the IB programme different?
- 29:30 How is IB assessed? How does the IB grading system work?
- 49:10 Biggest challenge regarding the IB and the pandemic?
- 53:18 CAS (creativity, activity, service) – are students consumed/overwhelmed?
- 56:27 What do you need to become an IB teacher?