Supporting Learners in International Schools | Global Take
In this week’s episode of Global Take, we discuss learning support in international schools. We will look at what makes learning support services unique and different in international schools and discuss the challenges learning support specialists face. We will provide examples of how students with learning needs are served in international schools and what can be done to ensure more students with learning needs get the education they need. Hosted by Ryan Sagare (SchoolRubric Co-Founder).
- Stefanie Donnelly, Learning Support Coordinator and Teacher, Tokyo Japan
- Nora Fleming, Middle School Learning Support, Budapest, Hungary
- Vince Dimatera, Middle School Science Teacher, Beijing, China
Continue the conversation in our Facebook group, Global Educators Network: https://bit.ly/GlobalEduNetwork
Subscribe to SchoolRubric on YouTube: https://bit.ly/SchoolRubric
- 0:00 Global Take Introduction
- 2:30 Introductions
- 5:03 What are ways that students with learning needs are served in international schools?
- 12:40 What makes Learning Support programming in international schools different?
- 21:10 What are some challenges international Learning Support teachers face?
- 26:53 What impact do inclusion/inclusive practices have on international schools?
- 30:17 School Spotlight: Colegio Jorge Washington – Cartagena, Colombia
- 35:54 Parting pieces of advice