Getting your first international teaching job or moving to the next teaching position is a life-altering experience. This week we explore tips for getting your first or next international teaching job from educators who have “been there and done that” many times.
This week’s guests from around the globe include:
- Cristiana Jurgensen, Head of Programming for Diversity and Inclusion at Saudi Aramco Total Refining and Petrochemical Company (SATORP) – Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
- Jeff Shirk, Principal at American School of Recife – Recife, Brazil
- Chris Mott, Athletic Director, International School Bangkok – Bangkok, Thailand
- Ryan Sagare, Co-founder of SchoolRubric – Austin, Texas, USA
Continue the conversation in our Facebook group, Global Educators Network: http://bit.ly/GlobalEduNetwork
Subscribe to SchoolRubric on YouTube: http://bit.ly/SchoolRubric
- 0:00 Global Take Introduction
- 2:03 Guest introductions
- 5:37 Resources to find an international teaching job
- 9:01 What are international school administrator looking for in a candidate?
- 17:07 Characteristics of successful international educators
- 22:00 Do all international schools offer the same contract and benefits?
- 27:15 Taking culture, climate, and location into consideration
- 31:28 School Spotlight: Saudi Aramco Expatriate Schools