Making a move abroad is a tremendous professional and personal decision. While the benefits far outweigh the negatives, there are challenges with teaching abroad. In this week’s edition of Global Take, we talk about some of the most significant challenges educators face in international schools.
Join Matt Fleming (Athletics Director, American International School Budapest), Stefanie Donnelly (Learning Support Coordinator & Teacher, St. Mary’s International School in Tokyo), and Jim Ellis (Middle School Teacher/Design Thinking Consultant, American International School Vienna) as they talk about challenges to consider when living and working internationally—hosted by Ryan Sagare (Co-founder, SchoolRubric).
Subscribe to SchoolRubric on YouTube: http://bit.ly/SchoolRubric
- 0:00 Global Take Introduction
- 4:00 Meet the Global Take Guests
- 8:05 Challenge #1: The Business Side of Education Becomes Clear
- 15:13 Challenge #2: Long-term Financial Planning
- 23:10 Challenge #3: Inconsistent Leadership
- 28:18 Challenge #4: Lack of Student Support
- 34:39 School Spotlight: American International School Vienna