Student-Centered Diversity and Inclusion: Practice and Ideas | Global Take
In this episode of Global Take, we will explore how diversity and inclusion are celebrated in schools worldwide. We will share different initiatives from teachers and students in various international schools. Hosted by Ryan Sagare (SchoolRubric Co-Founder).
- Sherri Spelic, Elementary Physical Education Specialist, AIS Vienna, Vienna Austria
- Rachel Somers, MS English Language Arts Teacher, Learning Support teacher, SAGA (Sexuality and Gender Awareness) Co-Advisor, Zurich, Switzerland
- Benjamin Doxtdator, English Language Arts Teacher, Brussels, Belgium
- Isabel Iino, Class of 2022, AIS Vienna. Co-chair of HS Diversity Club, Vienna, Austria
Continue the conversation in our Facebook group, Global Educators Network: https://bit.ly/GlobalEduNetwork
Subscribe to SchoolRubric on YouTube: https://bit.ly/SchoolRubric
- 0:00 Global Take Introduction
- 2:11 Introductions
- 5:32 What has been your experience with diversity initiatives in your school?
- 13:16 How student-driven are diversity and inclusion initiatives?
- 19:20 Supporting the expansion and use of pronouns and non-binary language
- 22:25 Current events – what do you wonder and notice in your institution?
- 28:23 What advice do you have for starting a student club focused on diversity and inclusion?