Dr. Diron Ford, the Assistant Principal at Woodside High School in Newport News, Virginia, meets with SchoolRubric Co-Founder Wallace Ting to discuss challenges and successes of the previous school year, upcoming school year considerations, racial tensions and unrest in the country, and previews an upcoming professional development webinar.
In addition to Dr. Ford’s role as an Assistant Principal, he also serves as adjunct faculty professor at Thomas Nelson Community College and the Program Coordinator for the Newport News Public Schools RISE! Male Empowerment Network.
- 0:00 Welcome and Introductions
- 0:31 Challenges and Success of Previous School Year
- 2:12 Upcoming School Year Advice for Teachers
- 3:45 Leadership-level Discussions for the Upcoming School Year
- 5:43 Thoughts on Racial Injustice
- 7:14 Engaging Students and Teachers in Constructive Yet Difficult Conversations
- 10:03 Preview of Professional Development “Saving Our Boys”