A positive home-school connection is essential to student success, but sometimes parents can be disengaged or challenging. How can we work with these parents, engage with them positively, and turn them into partners in their child’s success?
Join co-hosts Charles Williams (Principal, Plato Learning Academy) and Michael McWilliams (Principal, Savannah Elementary) as they welcome. Dr. Sheryl Randolph (Author, Speaker, Education Consultant, Life Coach) and Zak Cohen (Middle School Director, St. Francis School) for this episode’s discussion.
Purchase the book: https://bit.ly/Inside-Principal-Book
Join our Facebook group and continue the conversation: https://bit.ly/InsidePrincipal
Subscribe to SchoolRubric on Youtube: https://bit.ly/SchoolRubric
- 0:00 Inside the Principal’s Office Introduction
- 3:22 Guest introductions
- 10:27 Specific strategies to engage a non-engaged parent
- 27:35 How do you help challenging parents become partnership parents?
- 44:20 Protecting our own energy and well-being as administrators with challenging parents
- 50:56 Ideas That Stick: What will you do to amplify today’s discussion and strategies presented to help your staff work with challenging parents?