The Educational Collaborative for International Schools (ECIS) was founded in 1965 and one of the leading international school organizations with a truly global presence. Today, they partner with more than 500 membership communities representing over 65,000 educators in over 80 countries.
Amidst a changing landscape in international education, partly catalyzed by the pandemic, the ECIS leadership team consisting of Kam Chochan (Executive Director, ECIS), Sarah Kupke (Head of Professional Learning, ECIS), and Jim Ellis (Head of Innovation, ECIS) joined SchoolRubric for a transparent and open discussion on where they’ve been, where they are, and where they see the organization and international education heading in the future.
Visit the ECIS Website: https://www.ecis.org/
Subscribe to SchoolRubric on Youtube: https://bit.ly/SchoolRubric
- 0:00 Welcome and introductions
- 3:32 ECIS: Where it’s been, Where it is, Where it’s going
- 10:05 Takeaways from listening sessions
- 18:13 Hybrid and diverse offerings to meet all needs
- 26:05 Engaging middle and teacher leadership in schools
- 29:56 Connecting professional learning to student learning and outcomes
- 33:46 Has DEIJ reached a tipping point in the last several years?