“Assessment” and “student motivation” are not two phrases that may be regularly associated, but a re-examination of each reveals the opportunity for schools to craft assessment policies that help students become more engaged, motivated, and inspired by their learning.
Join Catarina Song Chen (Director, American School of Belo Horizonte, Brazil) and Myron Dueck (School Administrator, Author, Educational Consultant) as they take a deep dive into our latest Vantage Point conversation with SchoolRubric.
Continue the conversation in our Facebook group, Global Educators Network: http://bit.ly/GlobalEduNetwork
Subscribe to SchoolRubric on YouTube: http://bit.ly/SchoolRubric
- 0:00 Vantage Point introduction
- 2:17 Moving into school administration and educational consulting
- 5:40 Assessment policies that impact student motivation and learning
- 9:40 Main ideas of the book “Giving Students a Say”
- 14:10 Lessons learned from the pandemic and our “new normal”
- 19:40 Opportunities through interacting with educators on a global scale